This Great Northern Railroad station was founded in 1912 in Section 31-154-78, Falsen Township between Simcoe and Karlsruhe. The post office was established March 10, 1913 with Oliver H. Wolhowe as Postmaster. The area was largely settled by Germans from Kandel and Selz, South Russia. The origin of FALSEN is unknown, and on March 1, 1925 it was changed to VERENDRYE.(1, 2, 18, 23, 33, 40)

Source: North Dakota Place Names Page 63

Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict        Valid CSS level 2.1