This was a farm post office established October 5, 1904 with Hans C. Hanson as Postmaster, who named it for Odense, Denmark, which takes its name from the fjord on which it is located. It was first located in the southeast quarter of section 19-135-80, nine miles west-southwest of Fort Rice, and in 1913 moved one mile northeast to the northeast quarter of section 20-135-80, where a country store was run by Daniel O'Neill. Mrs. Ella O'Neill was the last Postmaster, closing the facility October 15, 1917 with mail to Solen.(1, 2, 3, 17, 40, 53, 107)

Source: North Dakota Place Names Page 143

Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict        Valid CSS level 2.1