This was a Soo Line Railroad siding in the south half of section 4-137-78, Telfer Township near the present-day Dutton Airfield about eight miles south of Menoken. It was named for Oliver P. Welch (1861-1936), George A. Welch (1866-1918), and Aurie D. Welch (1871-1951), area pioneers. It appears on maps circa 1910-1940, occasionally as simply Welch.(2, 3, 8, 12, 14, 18)

Source: North Dakota Place Names Page 205

Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict        Valid CSS level 2.1